Great lakes University of Kisumu main Library is located at Kibos .There are branch libraries at Milimani Campus and Nairobi Campus. The library was established in 1998 and was initially in Milimani when the institution was still known as Tropical Institute of Community Health.
The library’s vision is to become a centre of excellence in terms of provision and dissemination of information and information resource materials to its users.
• To support GLUK academic programs by selecting and acquiring relevant information resources of diverse formats within the scope of courses taught;
• To organize and disseminate information resources on time to its clientele.
1. To facilitate research and extension work in the university
2. To support learning and teaching by availing information materials
3. To acquire, organize and disseminate information to users.
1. The library has a collection of reference materials in all spheres of knowledge. These are available in print and non print formats .The current stock is 16000 volumes of books and 600 journals. These are borrowed by users while some used within the library depending on the policies in place.
- Academic staff borrow up to a maximum of 5 books at ago and use them for one month
- Students borrow up to 3 books and use for two weeks and one reserved book for overnight use
- Non –teaching staff borrow up to two books and use for two weeks
- Fines are imposed on overdue books as follows: Kshs 10 per book for general circulation books Kshs 5 per hour per book for reserved /short loan book
- Renewal of books is allowed as long as the book is not on demand by another user. Can be done by phone, letter, fax, or e-mail
- Recall can be done by librarian if a book is required for a special purpose